Test bench for measuring vibrations in a nuclear steam generator
Nuclear / Vibrations
Produce more reliable steam generators for turbine-alternator sets used in nuclear power plants.
Develop and manufacture a hydraulic loop and test section to replicate the flow conditions at the outlet of a steam generator tube plate used at the heart of nuclear power plants. This equipment makes it possible to carry out vibration tests on a steam generator’s internal components.
- Produce a flow equivalent to current conditions at the heart of a nuclear power plant
- Vibration measurement on thin sheets immersed in water and subjected to high velocity jets
Understanding of an unpredictable vibration phenomenon that may lead to premature degradation of steam generators.
- Recirculating water basin: 320 USGAL [1200 L]
- Recirculation pump: 40 HP / 85 psig [30 kW / 5.9 bar]
- Pressure in the test section: 15 psig max. [1.0 bar]
- Test section with four removable windows
- Vibration measurement on instrumented thin sheets with immersible strain gauges